Are There Other Activities To Do On a Myrtle Beach Golf Trip?
The Bald Head Island Trip is a recommended day trip for groups travelling to Myrtle Beach. A 20-minute ferry ride to this unique island off North Carolina's coast is a must (home of the Cape Fear Lighthouse). Around one of the most enjoyable course designs in the Carolinas to make for a fantastic golfing day out.
What Nightlife is There in Myrtle Beach For a Golf Holiday?
Myrtle Beach is spread out and has numerous options for golfers looking for evening entertainment. One option in the more southerly end at Ocean Boulevard, sitting right down on the beachfront, many bars and restaurants enjoy.
On Ocean Boulevard, the place to be is Ocean Annies, Myrtle Beach's most famous beach restaurants and bars. During the day, it serves a fantastic variety of Seafood and international cuisine, with all of your favourites. However, the music is turned up in the evening, and the venue turns into one of the most popular nightspots.
Alternatively, Barefoot Landing is another popular spot located in North Myrtle Beach. It has a wide selection of bar restaurants and nightclubs and doubles during the day with numerous shopping and outlet stores. The fantastic courses designed by Pete Dye, Tom Fazio, and Davis Love III are also there.
Then there is Broadway at the Beach located in mid-Myrtle Beach, a famous shopping centre and entertainment complex. Golfers flock here to enjoy their holiday entertainment. With 84 places to shop, 37 places to eat, not counting 9 bars (we recommend a visit to Crocodile Rocks), all within a stone's throw of popular hotels.
Once you get there, you'll be hooked because golf in Myrtle Beach is as good as it gets. No resort works harder to make sure that you have a good time playing golf, have such a variety of high-quality public golf courses, or are more hospitable and welcoming.
Top Tips for the Perfect Golf Break to Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach National Kings North has a hole called the Gambler, a Par 5 and an island fairway…take the island fairway route to give yourself a chance to go for the green in two shots.
- Farmstead – This has a par 6 hole where you tee off in South Carolina and putt out in North Carolina
- TPC Myrtle Beach – This high-quality course and golf facility has a Dustin Johnson Academy that he has put his name to and opened a few years ago, with SC being his home state.
- The Ocean Ridge Plantation is home to the “Big Cats” with 4 top-quality courses known as Lions Paw, Panthers Run, Tigers Eye and Leopards Chase.
- Caledonia is ranked as one of the Top 10 in the state
- Pine Lakes Country Club was the first course built in Myrtle Beach and known as “The Granddaddy.”
- Long Bay is a Jack Nicklaus signature design course and has some of the largest bunkers in the state.